Friday, December 7, 2007

A Fun Family Day


Today was a day off.  We got up and headed to the McArthur Center in Norfolk this AM.  Now going to the mall is high on my least favorite things to do list.  Today, we went with a mission. When I know what my mission is it makes the pain of the mall much easier to handle.

Mission #1 - Ty had to visit Santa.  He really enjoyed the visit.  He didn't say much to Santa other than "hi" and "thank you".  He was a bit in awe.  Plus he scored a cool puzzle as a gift from jolly old Saint Nick.  (see above photo, I think this was the real Santa!)

Mission #2 - I've converted!  I went into the Mac store today and got a Macbook.  It is from this new little lap top that I post to my blog tonight.  My other lap top is slowly dying.  It is an HP and the power connector is lose and in order for the screen to stay upright I have to use duct tape.  Plus the old HP is 4 years old and moving slow.  So now to the task of learning how to use the Mac and moving files and all that fun stuff from the HP.

Mission #3 - Sams club to pick up soda pops for the Pepsi fridge in the lobby. (I know it is my day off but a youth pastor's work is never done)  The money we have made from the sell of drinks is going into the youth scholarship fund and will help students go to Student Life Camp this summer.  By summer we should have a good amount to be able to help several students with the expense of camp.

Mission #4 - Target!  That place is awesome.  I enjoyed a mint mocha, Misha enjoyed an egg nog latte,  while shopping for Ty's Christmas gifts.  It was fun keeping him distracted in the cart while Misha placed gifts in the basket.  He still has no clue that in the back of the car were several gifts.  He's gonna have so much fun Christmas morning.  I can't wait to play with the toys!  I also purchased the gift for the family member name that I drew.  
Ty made a man laugh in Target when he said, "Daddy I need toys."

Mission #5 - I cooked tacos tonight for dinner.  They had all the right spices and flavors.  Ty ate two helpings of refries, he loves beans.  Like father like son.  

Oh, speaking of beans, Ty announced real loud in the mall today, "I tooted!".  Misha said he is just like his dad.  I'm so proud of him.  I tooted in the mall as well. :)



3 comments:

CFHusband said...

Apple should seriously be paying me commission...

Rick Lawrenson said...

A little more info than we needed.

Paula Farah said...

Humans toot about 17 times a day... How long were you at the mall, maybe longer than one toot's worth??? HA HA HA

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...