Friday, September 5, 2008

Tropical Storm Hannah Family Fun Day

So we went to Wal-Mart.  I dropped the family off at the door and then waded through the water in the parking lot.  The water came up over my flip flops, bummer.  Picked up a few household items and pre-school supplies.  Then drove over to the Home Depot.  Dropped the family off under the covered loading area.  I then waded through the parking lot.  The water came up over my flop flops again, bummer.  Looked at wood.  Looked at emergency radio - too much money.  

Drove back home, unloaded our goods.  I rolled out the workhorse generator.  Filled up the tank.  Turned the switch to on, that is an important step I figured out the first time I used it.  I then pulled the rope and it cranked up on the first pull.  Generator check is complete and I'm now waiting for the rain to let up so I can go fill up the two 5 gallon gas cans.

Bummed that the big game for tonight has been postponed to Monday.

My spousal unit is starting the prep work to bake an apple pie!  Yummo!  If the oven goes out while the pie is baking it's okay, we have the workhorse generator.   Her third apple bake-o-rama this week!

This evening we shall watch movies, if the satellite goes out we will watch movies we have recorded on the DVR or some DVD's.   While we watch movies we will eat pie. 

Supper - I'm thinking chicken soft tacos!   

Just saw that Hannah is now clocking winds at 70 mph and may be a cat 1 hurricane before making landfall.   If the power goes out tonight I will put a window unit A/C in the room and hook it up to the generator so I can sleep in my usual 70 degree bedroom.

More Hannah updates later and if it really starts blowing I may run a ustream video just for fun.

3 comments:

CFHusband said...

we ate lunch at the pier and watched the big surf.

Andy Lawrenson said...

@milepost13 I told Misha that this would be a good day for lunch at the pier. Then called Rick and there you guys were eating fried food over the ocean.

Andy Lawrenson said...

Pie is out of the oven! Complete with lattice top. Pictures forthcoming!!

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...