Friday, September 5, 2008

The Pie


Our Tropical Storm Hannah supper menu:
Rice
Frijoles Refritos
Chilpotle Chicken Soft Tacos (my own secret recipe, don't ask)

Sitting on the counter beckoning me is the pie.  Someone gave us a bunch apples fresh from the orchard.  This is our second pie this week.  Life is good!


Notice the intricate detailing on the leaves and lattice.
Soon that will be in my belly.

Notice the very happy youth pastor.
Now I need to go make the DD decaf to go with.
More tropical storm fun to come!

5 comments:

CFHusband said...

save me some, please!!!

Anonymous said...

The Pie looks delicious!!! Hope your all staying safe!!

Barb said...

...that pie looks to die for! Maybe I'll make one up this weekend. Thankfully, no hurricanes here in Ohio. But I'm praying for safety of all of you on the OBX.... and elsewhere.

Terry Gray Sr. said...

Wow Andy. I just gotta suggest to you, that in the best interest of your "diet", I need to keep that pie until it is safe for your consumption. Don't worry, I'll ask Nate to help me guard it and I am sure when you are ready it will be un-touched.

Andy Lawrenson said...

@milepost13 - your aunt can bake a mean apple pie. I'm sure if Gwyneth asked real nice the great aunt would make one for you.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...