Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11

In 2001 I was sitting with my family in Weekend at Burnie's beach house.  We had flown out from Oklahoma to be interviewed at NHC.  I won't forget that day, the images, the video footage and the lives that were lost that day.  Probably the biggest tragedy that I can think of in my lifetime here in the USA.

How do you help your children to deal with tragedy?  

Tips for Helping Kids Survive Tragedy
Author:Jim Burns, Ph.D.

When tragedy strikes, children respond in a variety of different ways.

Whether the “crisis” is real or merely felt, kids have a way of processing pain and trauma that is often quite different than adults.

So what’s a parent to do?

Well, if your child has experienced any sort of loss, it’s important to help that child through the grieving process. True, there’s a big difference between being jilted by a boyfriend or girlfriend and sorting out feelings after an attack like Columbine or 9-11. But the process itself remains fairly consistent.  (Read More Here)

No comments:

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...