Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Vacation Update #1

Hopefully you have been checking in from time to time.  I have set up my twitter account to post to my blog so you can pretend you are on vacation with me.

We had a bad hotel experience on the trip.  Never staying at a Best Western again.  Nasty dirty rooms that weren't even cleaned or the linens changed.  G-ross!  I logged onto the internet at the Country Inn and Suites (we love those hotels, clean, spacious and free cookies and drinks) and complained online to the folks at Best Western headquarters.

We are enjoying our condo stay thus far.  Nice 3 bedroom unit on a big pond.  Thanks to Debbie for the gift of the condo for the week!  (that's how youth pastors afford vacations, we look for deals or when people bless us with a sweet hook up)  We have named the alligator that lives in the pond Gary.  We sit on the screened in Lanai and watch for Larry.

We hit the beach on day 1. (only after discovering the goodness of breakfast at Bob Evans)  Found lots of cool shells that we don't have back home.  The dude at the Mote aquarium told me that many of the shells we find here are extinct.  I'm a dadburn seashell archeologist, an aquaologist of sorts.  

Day 2 we took a trip to Sarasota, FL to check out the Mote aquarium.  If you are ever in Florida check it out, it was a really good aquarium.  Best part is we are members of the aquarium back home which got us into the Mote for FREE!!!!  We did lunch at a deli in this cool area of Sarasota, very tropical feeling.  Huge tourist trap.

We wondered the whole way here why the roads were so bumpy only to discover it was our tires.  Luke, my personal mechanic, told me that it was getting close to time to change the tires.  So here I sit in Starbucks while my tires are being replaced.  I had to walk a mile but I knew the reward of the blessed java would be worth it.

Today we are having another beach day and then eating at a pier this evening with live music.  I may very well bust a move.  Hey, it's vacation!

This may be my only vacation update because there is no way I'm paying for internet again.   Come on Starbucks!  Love the people who are making you rich!!!!!!

No comments:

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...