Sunday, November 18, 2007

Freaked Out!

This weekend we attended a youth event in Elizabeth City. The band was Jonathon Project and the speaker was Craig Tackett. Both the band and Craig did a great job.

Illusionist, Drew Worsham was there as well. Drew wasn't your usual Christian magician doing the typical and predictable magic tricks. Drew did stuff that freaked my mind out! I got a headache trying to figure out how he did his tricks. He also used his tricks as illustrations for a spiritual application.

Here is what impressed me about Drew, he was doing illusions that were every bit as good as some of the magicians I've seen on television that do those mind boggling tricks. So often I've seen the church's illusionists do their performances and they are more like the magician at the 6 year old's birthday party. I was pleasantly surprised. It's also super cool that Drew has taken this talent that God has given him and is using it to spread the good news of Jesus Christ and His love.

I'm still freakin out!

2 comments:

CFHusband said...

wish I could have gone. Got any extra t-shirts?

Andy Lawrenson said...

no extra shirts. sorry

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...