Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Castaway


No boat, no light, no motor car, not a single luxury...

I have felt like Tom Hanks, the castaway, for the past 5 days. Our internet server went down affecting hundreds of sites and it appears that the internet engineers are clueless how to remedy the problem. Some how these geeks need to pull their collective minds together into one giant mass of brain power and fix the problem.

It's amazing how in the past several years I've become internet dependent. 8 years ago this really would not have affected me all that much. I feel sort of like I'm on a road trip without my cell phone. Ever feel that way? Open, bare, almost technologically naked? Ok, maybe I'm not Tom Hanks. Perhaps I'm more like Gilligan (I said what you were thinking).

Today I figured out how to connect my temporary e-mail account to Outlook so now I feel like I just hopped on the bamboo raft and am heading out to see.

Ever wonder why the tourist on the Minnow packed suitcases and trunks of clothes for a "three hour tour"? I'm trying to figure out why some of the island residents wore the same clothes every episode and others had like entire wardrobes. It's puzzling to me and yes this is something I think about. Have you considered it?

Other things bother me like how small boats with small motors, which means small gas tanks, and small planes made it to the island yet they couldn't be rescued. If they were close enough for small boats and small planes to get to them that means they couldn't have been too far from civilization. How far can you go on a 5 gallon tank of gas on the open sea?
Why were the Russians interested in the island? There are soooo many questions left unanswered by that show.

1 comment:

MamaSue said...

I want to know why The Professor never grew facial hair. Did Ginger bring along her Nair?

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...