Thursday, May 14, 2009

Flip

I'm pretty stoked!  I just opened a box from Student Life and the box contained Flip "31 verses every teenager should know" books.  I'll be giving each student going to camp a copy a month before we depart for camp.  Flip is the camp theme at Student Life this summer and so the daily devos and verses tie support the theme and will lay a foundation for us before we get to camp. 

Camp is a great place to take students out of their normal everyday routine, away from TV, friends, media, texting and place them in an environment that is saturated with worship.  We are going to use Flip to help us prepare our hearts and lives for camp.   It's sort of like packing for camp for the soul.  Student Life is an excellent camp and they hold them from the east coast to the west coast every summer.  

If your teen doesn't attend summer camp with your church youth group I would highly encourage you to plug him or her in.  If your church has students but don't do summer camp I would suggest you check into Student Life, they are affordable and the highest quality.  I trust Student Life with our students.

No comments:

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...