Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tonight at Contagious

It's All Out War.  For the next 6 weeks we are taking a look at spiritual warfare.
Tonight we are checking out truth.  We live in a culture where truth is skewed.  We often don't even know what to believe anymore.  How can we trust someone when those closest to us and those who "love" us lie to us.  Take a look at the media and the news and truth can be a hard thing to find.  Sociologists say we see or hear over 20o lies a day.

For a believer truth is so very important.  The Bible says we shall know the truth and the truth will set us free.  Jesus said, "I am the way the TRUTH and the life."

Tonight we checked out:
Truth builds character, spiritual depth and confidence.
You've got to asses the truth in your life, be deliberate with every decision, establish some accountability.

3 comments:

Donna Bissell said...

Very cool, I just forwarded some information to someone who has a teenage daughter and plans to relocate.

Donna Bissell said...

Very cool, I just forwarded some information to someone who has a teenage daughter and plans to relocate.

Noah said...

Hi,
I was praying for a Youth Service at our church for about 12 months and finally God answered my prayers by having my senior pastor tell me that we should start a youth service. Our church has never done anything for students, we just go to class then go to a service on Sundays and Wednesday Nights. So this is completely new to us.
I know you guys have Contagious, so I wanted to start something like that. I really don't know what we should do or how I should order it, or structure it, or do we have small group tables then breakout to a sermon...I just don't know.
So I wanted to ask you, what you guys do? If you have blogged about it, can you send me the link?
Thanks,

Noah
www.southsanyouthnews.wordpress.com

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...