Thursday, January 1, 2009

Purpose Accomplished


Winterfest Trip - $175
Meals - $75
Fuel - $240
Hours of Sleep per night - 5 (average)
Lives Changed - Priceless

Two students trusted Christ as their Savior! (evangelism)  Students and adults stood together last night admitting they needed God's help in an area of their life. (discipleship)  Thirty of us living, sleeping, eating together and not one incident of drama. (fellowship)

Tonight is our last night here.  We will leave the ice rink where we are now and eat some supper then go back to the cabin for some games, movies and man hunt.  Tomorrow we hit the road home.  These events drain my energy but also allow me and the other leaders some great time to build relationships with students.

3 comments:

Mike H said...

This was my first youth trip and it was awesome. The kids were great. Skillett is my new favorite band. As soon as I heal up I'll be ready to go again.
Mike A.K.A "the Body Guard"

Bonnie said...

I've discovered that it takes more than a day to recover from these missions....I may have discovered that I'm old! But, it was totally worth it!

@Mikey...
you did great!

Andy Lawrenson said...

@Bonnie - it's taking me even longer to bounce back. On top of the sleep deprivation I have some sort of illness attacking me.

@Mikey - I believe you have passed your initiation test!

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...