Friday, December 12, 2008

Red Robin

I have seen the Red Robin commercials on tv for quite some time now and had a friend talk about the goodness of the Red Robin.
We went up to Va. today to do a little Santa run and stop at Sams Club. While there we hit Red Robin for lunch.

My review:
1. Red Robin is way over priced, by about $3. My cheeseburger was $9.75! Had I known the prices I would have never stopped. (my tea was $2.75, I buy tea bags so I know how much I'm getting ripped here!)
2. The burgers were good but not worth the $
3. I had a Banzai burger. A teriyaki burger with cheddar and grilled pineapple. It was good.
4. They serve the unending steak fries. The fries were good. I'm glad they were unending because there were about 6 in my basket. (which brings me to #5)
5. For a 13 dollar meal (after drink) I don't want it served in a Dairy Queen basket. Put it on a plate!
6. Unless someone is treating we won't be back as a family because of the cost.
7. The atmosphere was good and the staff was very friendly. A huge plus which made the $33 hamburger lunch a little easier to stomach.
8. Child's meal came with a drink, coloring book and balloon. Worth the $6

Give me a Mama Kwans burger or Run Down burger and fries any day of the week. They are better and about $3 cheaper.

If you are taking a youth group on a trip and think you are going to pull in and grab a cheap burger lunch with the students think again. The average youth group (12) would cost around $160 to feed. I can fee 40 pizza on that much money.

No comments:

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...