Friday, December 5, 2008

2009 is Coming!

It is time to put 2009 down on paper.    Not wanting to simply fly by the seat of my pants I will get to work planning next year’s lessons, events, activities for the youth ministry.

My Plan:

  1. Look for balance in all we do.  Balancing connecting, serving, following, reaching and worship. 
  2. Make sure our events and activities have a purpose as the base.
  3. Keep events and activities that cost students and their parents money to a minimum due to the economy. 
  4. Map out the scope of our learning for the year:  seek the YM team’s input and the student’s input.
  5. Lay the year out in one big calendar and plan keeping school calendar in mind and also spread out the events that do cost $.

My Goal:

Have the calendar planned out by the end of December.  Around our area we will get invites from other youth groups for an event a month or two in advance max and sometimes literally just days before.  I learned a long time ago you can’t do it all.  I have heard of some youth groups that are doing 2 to 4 activities a month outside of their regular weekly youth group gathering.  Planning in advance also comes in handy when invited to events that don’t fit the scope or direction the youth ministry is heading for the year. 

I’ll post more as our calendar comes together. 


1 comment:

ZazFamily said...

andy, good post, very applicable to the workplace. i like what you do here, because it is applicable to more than ministry. even an old guy can learn on your blog.!!

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...