Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cantina Fifteen Eleven

I dined tonight at perhaps one of the best mexican restaurants ever.  It was the best!
We met my niece for dinner since we are staying in her town tonight.
They had chips and two types of salsa on the table.  Wait a second, I know what you are thinking, "Don't all mexican restaurants have chips and salsa on the table?"  Yes, but we had cloth napkins.  Oh yeah, it was that nice.

I started the meal off by ordering guacamole for our chips.  They made the guacamole at our table!  Hello!!  That's crazy insanely unbelievably fantastico!  Our waiter even asked if we wanted it chunky or smooth.  Awesome!  The guacamole set the tone for the entire meal.

I had Cantina Chimichanga.  A chimichanga stuffed with roasted chicken, black beans, carmelized peppers, onions and cilantro.  Topped with a queso sauce and a poblano sauce.  Set a plate of it on top of your head and watch-your-tongue-slap-your-brains-out-trying-to-get-to-it good.

My son, the birthday boy, ate chicken tenders, of course, with fries, chocolate milk and ice cream - $5!  Of course our meals made up the difference but $5 for chicken tender dinner with Hagen Dahz ice cream!  Wow!

2 comments:

marie said...

For Misha's sake, please stay away from "The Homewrecker Burritos"!

Andy Lawrenson said...

We did pass Moe's along the way and I was quite tempted to pull in and eat a Homewrecker Burrito

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...