Monday, September 7, 2009

The President's School Speech

I read the speech and could not find anything offensive or wrong in it.  I don't know what all the hoop-di-stink is all about other than the people who are raising the stink just don't like President Obama at all.  Our schools even sent home a permission slip so parents could opt their children out of listening to the speech.  I can't see my 5 year old sitting still long to listen unless it is on in his room and he has some crayons and paper to mess with while listening.

The speech is  challenging students to apply themselves and do their best and be responsible.  Nothing offensive there.  I even appreciate several of his remarks that he will be making to students.  Perhaps the president's speech connect with some students and those students accept his challenge and do their best. 

In his speech our President will be bringing God into the public schools.  I find this interesting that our President can do this but I can't.  Maybe I should run for President . . . .
President Obama ends his speech with "God bless you, and God bless America."

I'm glad the White House posted the speech.  Read it yourself here

No comments:

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...