Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Contagious!


Contagious was crazy good tonight!

Hang Time we had students all over the place hanging out together, playing games. 

Several guests attended tonight.  Next week we should be introducing a couple new youth group members.  We are in a growth spurt and it is exciting!  Looking forward to bringing another man from our church on board serving on the youth ministry team as a "family" group leader.
(I will be blogging soon about youth ministry teams verses the lone ranger youth leader)

The high light of Hang Time was when we gave 4 young men some nice clean cut crew cuts.  The hair was hitting the floor.  Not only do we give some spiritual guidance but we also give hair cuts!  Big fun!! We didn't just clip the hair of, we did a little design work as we went along.  One young man had shoulder length hair for about 5 or 6 years, he now looks ready for the Marines.

The students voted on our youth web site and their choice of Hang Time food was "build your own pizzas".  About 50 personal french bread pizzas were consumed!

We talked some more tonight about atonement, Jesus paid the debt.  This was week two of our study on atonement which is the fourth core truth for an unshakable faith.  

19 comments:

CJolly said...

That's my special boy!

Rick Lawrenson said...

That's a hilarious picture! Ha!

Thodgson said...

It was a great night!

Andy Lawrenson said...

Actually we shaved 5 heads!
I told them they all had nice Christian boy haircuts.

Lee said...

Looks like LOADS of fun. I I look forward to reading about your Wednesdays every week. You really are on a growth spurt! What a blessing that these young people have a solid bible based church to start their faith walk in.
Hey, it just accurred tome...you are just like a sheppard caring for his flock! And just like sheep, they got sheared!!!

Terry Gray Sr. said...

How cool would it be to see someone with a gotee, dark glasses, and a shaved head?

Andy Lawrenson said...

Back off Terry! I gotta have my spikes. :)

Rick Lawrenson said...

I think a few of us would chip in together and sponsor a kid for camp if you did.

What do you say, Terry?

Lee said...

Hey, I might even chip in a few bucks for a camp scholarship for a picture of Andy with a shaved head. Come on Andy, it'll grow back!

Andy Lawrenson said...

Hmmmmmm....

I might consider that but it would have to be more than a few chip in for one scholarship. I think it would take 5 scholarships.

That would be about $1,400.00
It ain't like shaving your face Rick. The spikes are worth much more than that.

Lee said...

I've got $100...only 13 more to do that and we got us a shavin'!
Or 26 to do $50
Or 52 to do $25
Should we set up a PayPal account???

Misha said...

I think he'd do it for ...

more scholarships AND a paid trip to Maui for andy & his wonderful wife and son.

Rick Lawrenson said...

We're talking Andy, here, Misha.
Not Fabio.

Misha said...

If I have to look at his bald head, I want to look at on Maui!

Andy Lawrenson said...

Maui No Ka Oi

Andy Lawrenson said...

Hey this could also be a way to fund my sabbatical.
I could sell my shaved head on e-bay!

CFHusband said...

Andy...if you're lawrenson head is shaped anything like my lawrenson head, I suggest you walk away from this conversation right now...

marcia said...

Nate, I think you are just afraid that after the camp scholarships are funded, the next suggestion will be for YOU to follow suit when your Great Strides account hits $20,000. Come to think of it.....hmmmmmm....
Set up that Paypal account Lee...I'm in :)
Can you tell I'm pumped? Just got back from an AWESOME time of worship and celebration. Among others, we sang the song your band introduced the other night. The rafters were rising! We serve a RISEN Savior!

Terry Gray Sr. said...

Okay Rick,
Count me in for a $250.00 sponorship for a shaved head of Andy. But I gotta have a picture. I mean a good one, not one filled with shadows where you can hardly make out the face. I wanna make one of those tee shirt picture things that I can wear. That way I can show up everywhere Andy goes.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...