Sunday, March 2, 2008

(Bump) I find it interesting. . .

Here's my thinking:  (some of you will catch this, if you don't, please don't worry about it and remember this is from an ADD mind)

>If you come to my house for dinner you don't tell me that the meal I'm serving is all wrong.  You either eat the meal or you politely excuse yourself and leave, but you don't cause a scene because you don't like meat loaf.

>If you don't like a TV show you change the channel, you don't call the station and complain.  It's not that hard to simply press the button on the remote and move on.

>If say country music isn't your cup of tea you don't tune into the country station and then e-mail them to let them know how much you can't stand their music.  That's an extreme act of idgitness.

>If you don't like roller coasters you don't stand in line to tell the guy that locks you into the car "I don't ride roller coasters, especially yours."  That's a waste of your time.

>If McDonalds is your favorite fast food restaurant you don't walk into my Wendy's and complain about my square burgers.  Just stick to your round little dinky ones with too many onions and be happy.

>Don't go to China Garden expecting to get Olive Garden food and then gripe because there is no chicken marsala.  Choose the right restaurant that fits your taste buds.

Make sense doesn't it.  It does to me and I'm not even a rocket scientist.  BUT I find it interesting that some people just don't get it.

18 comments:

CFHusband said...

hmmm...something tells me you're trying to say something here...I'll figure it out eventually...

:D

Coach Prentice said...

Oh my word. That is hilarious Andy! Loved every word!

Megan and Company said...

Uncle Andy funny.

Anonymous said...

Great word pictures...if blog readers don't get your point...well, they should read a different blog....

Apple said...

I have a great big grin on my face as I recognize the protectiveness (sp?) of family shining bright. I feel like I should give you a standing ovation for that...well said!!

Andy Lawrenson said...

Bing Bing Bing! We are getting it!!!!

marcia said...

It seems you Lawrensons all not only have a wild and wacky sense of humor, you all have a wonderful gift of communication! :) Pretty well-said for an ADD kinda guy! And one of the things I have really come to appreciate about all of you is the great care you take to try to develop and maintain some very appropriate and necessary boundaries in all of this sudden "fame" that has found it's way to your family doorstep...but in a way that is oh-so respectful and loving, no matter what is tossed your way! Please understand, I don't believe in pedestals and would never want to put any of you in that position. I am just blown away by how God is working in and through you, to reveal both Himself and what it truly means to be a Christ follower in 2008. My constant prayers for all of you are, of course for all of the obvious physical things, but just as much for spiritual protection, wisdom,and continuing strength to show the God of the universe to the world that has come to your door! Blessings on all of the extended Lawrenson and Kirshner clans, wherever you happen to be! Your willingness to so very openly share your journey with the world will have unimaginable eternal significance. Thank you from the depths of my heart! Thank you for your generosity, and also your practical examples of how to set healthy limits and boundaries...in love!

Anonymous said...

Uncle Andy makes me laugh...especially when I need to. Hip hip hooray!

Anonymous said...

Andy....You are right on it! Remind me of my brother, would be blessed to have you "in my corner".

Rick Lawrenson said...

And you wouldn't expect a church with electrified instruments and drums on the platform to break out in 18th century hymns on a pipe organ.

But some do. Then get mad and leave when we don't.

Bottom line: some people are just plain goofy.

marcia said...

Hmmmmmm, Andy. Perhaps bro wants to be sure the point was NOT missed ?!! :):) One thing for sure, if my husband and I ever find ourselves within 100 miles of Nags Head on a weekend, there is no doubt in my mind about where we will be in worship on that Sunday morning. It would be an honor and absolute joy to spend that time celebrating and learning with all of you and your church family!

Anonymous said...

just to keep this comment short I will say a big fat DITTO to what Marcia said- your families truly amaze me! God Bless all of you! In my prayers! km

TerryKM said...

laughs @ Rick. . .that was exactly the first thing that came to my mind!

Anonymous said...

Ditto to Marcia also - on both posts. I can't go a day without visiting all three blogs. Thanks for the inspiration, the funnies, and the things that make me go hmmm.

Robin

Anonymous said...

Heeheeheeheee. Loves me some sarcasm! Well said and point totally gotten!

NCBeachMom said...

From one ADDer to another...I hear ya!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for saying this. I follow Nate's blog really closely and I've thought this many times. I just don't have as much tact as you! And, Nate has much more patience than I do!

Matt Millard said...

Great post! I am cracking up here!

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...