Saturday, March 15, 2008

Are you good at reading maps?

Ever think about the course of your life?  Have you ever stepped back and looked back at your life, both the "good" and the "bad"? 

I've done this with my life.  I took the time to think back through my life.  I wrote down the good and bad events in my life on different color post it notes and placed these on poster board good on one side, bad on the other.  It was interesting to see how God used all of these events both the good and the bad to shape me into who I am today.

We are a masterpiece of art.  Our lives are like an art museum, imagine your life the good and the bad like are works lining each side of the hall.  

Even more mind boggling is that God has planned out the course of my life.  Let's take my marriage for example.  Mish, born in Japan, grew up in Colorado and Texas.  She leaves her home in the Dallas area and heads to a small Christian college in Virginia, Liberty University.  I was living in Hawaii, I leave and fly to a small Christian college in Virginia, Liberty University.  Misha's roommate is a friend of mine from earlier in my junior high years.  Mish and I meet, fall in love, get married.  I can think of many more examples but I think you get the picture.

"Andy, that kind of stuff happens everyday."  That's exactly my point!  That is what it makes mind boggling.  All these lives on this tiny planet spinning around in a huge universe and every life has a course lined out by God.  God is sovereign in all things.

    Psalms 31
  • 14. 
  • But I trust in You, Lord; I say, "You are my God."
  • 15. 
  • The course of my life is in Your power; 
  • Now wouldn't it make sense to get to know the map maker?

5 comments:

CFHusband said...

you married Misha's roomate?!? I never knew about this...

:O

CFHusband said...

it's been very cool to see God orchestrate things in our (tricia and I) lives as well. Things that looked bad turned out great in the end (sometimes...other times we're still waiting to see).

Andy Lawrenson said...

I better read that again

CFHusband said...

now my first comment doesn't make any sense...

Andy Lawrenson said...

that's why I edited it. :)

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...