Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Long but Great Day

Our worship gatherings were fantastic this morning.  There was quite a bit of energy going into singing this morning.  I enjoy hearing people worship God with all they’ve got.  I’m sure God enjoys it a whole lot more.

It was great to have my little nephew Nate back at church today.  I miss him and Tricia and Gwyneth and can’t wait till they are home in a couple of months.  That is going to be mucho good.  The best.

Interesting that the message this morning was geared to men standing on the front line I noticed a few falling asleep in church.  Point 1 – Don’t fall asleep on watch!  If only you could see what we see from the front.  At times it can be interesting and for an ADD boy it can be difficult not to point it out.   (More on the message tomorrow) 

This afternoon we had around 130 parents in the auditorium for the Understanding Your Teenage seminar.  Duffy Robbins brought us a lot of good info and tips to use as we raise our teens.  He had a great delivery and kept us all laughing.  Super helpful stuff!  I really like Duffy’s points about parents involving their teens in youth group.   For the parents, of the OBX region, that chose not to attend, you missed out BIG time.  The best $10 investment a parent of a teen could make in their child’s life. 

The beach mentality showed itself today at the seminar.  After advertising a cut off date for registration and then extending the registration to the 15th we still had parents walk in today that weren’t registered.  Lucky for them we ordered extra books.  Plus we had 15 registered that were “no shows” which freed up some books.  A Big thanks to my buds and buddettes in the Outer Banks Youth Ministry Network for helping put together a great seminar opportunity for parents of teens.  The snacks were fantastic during the break!

Today was a long day but a great day!

6 comments:

Apple said...

Andy, please allow me to offer my very humble opinion and tell you that your message yesterday morning was AWESOME! Thank you, truly.

Andy Lawrenson said...

apple - Thank you and Praise God

Bonnie said...

The message was great. It was nice to be sitting next to my son, and poking him and saying,,"see, THATS why I do that..." He had just made the comment the night before that when he was a dad, he wasn't going to have rules to make his kids miserable. I'm glad the young men in the church heard it to. One day, they'll be the ones on the front line. I also appreciated the inclusion of single moms in the points.

Bonnie said...

and....the seminar was FANTASTIC! I wish I had about 6 more ears, because I know I missed a bunch! Thanks to you and your crew for all the work put into the event.

CJolly said...

I think there were a lot of parents poking kids and saying "see?!" during your message yesterday!
And wasn't it great to have Nate leading with us? Yeah it was!!Still, there was the lack of a complete percussion section...

Andy Lawrenson said...

I'm sure the lack of cajon skills was noticeable

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...