Thursday, April 3, 2008

Life's Journey

As we wait this morning for new on Tricia here is a thought from a devotional I read this morning:

We learn reliance, we learn dependence, and we learn to trust God in ways that would not be possible if every plan went smoothly and perfectly.  God works on our character during the journey.  He builds us up, teaches and molds us, as we trust in Him.  Sometimes, the lessons feel painful and long.  In the midst of these detours, I often pray that things would be easier.  When I look back, I would never trade for anything the lessons I have learned and the things I have been taught.
www.homeword.com is a great site for family/parenting resources you can sign up to have a daily devotion sent to your e-mail address.

Now back to the waiting.  Might I add we learn patience to the devotion above?

2 comments:

Barbara Metcalf Bella Vista, Arkansas said...

Yup. God molds us in trials and teaches us to trust him when the way seems dark. It's always easier to see that looking back than it is looking forward. And if we can't trust Jesus, then who on earth can we trust? Easy to say, but not always so easy to put into practice.

Lee said...

Swahilimama ~ Isn't that the truth? We as sinful untrusting huumans lay things at the cross and then try to micromanage it all! One thing I love about my Jesus is that he is PATIENT. Every year I think that I could not possibly know any more about Jesus or grow any closer to him than I already am yet He continues to mold and teach me in all my weaknesses. All the while loving me no less! All the while being paitent as I slowly awaken to His glory and grace.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...