Sunday, April 6, 2008

Anonymous lives


anonymous |əˈnänəməs|

adjective

(of a person) not identified by name; of unknown name : the anonymous author of Beowulf | the donor's wish to remain anonymous | an anonymous phone call.

• having no outstanding, individual, or unusual features; unremarkable or impersonal : the anonymous black car waiting to take him to the airport | a faceless, anonymous group.

• [ postpositive ] used in names of support groups for addicts of a substance or behavior to indicate the confidentiality maintained among members of the group : Alcoholics Anonymous | Debtors Anonymous.

I especially like the second definition.  “Having no outstanding, individual, or unusual features; unremarkable or impersonal.”

I don’t know about you but I don’t want to live my life anonymously.  Maybe that’s why my hair stands straight up on top.

I don’t want to be anonymous I want to be known.  God created us to be known not live life alone. 

I don’t want to be anonymous in how I live my life.  I want others to see that I am living a life for Christ.

I don’t want to be an anonymous author of anything.  Ever wonder when you read a poem or song lyrics just  who “anonymous” might be?

I don’t want to be anonymous in my opinions.  What good is an opinion if it is shared anonymously? 

I don’t want to be anonymous in views or convictions.  People don’t take anonymous views or convictions seriously.   

I wonder what would have happened if our founding father’s had signed The Declaration of Independence with a bunch of “anonymous” signatures.  Of course how would a person have an “anonymous” signature?  The founding fathers signed their names to a document that they knew would label them as traitors with the motherland, but they signed it because they believed in  the statement they were making.   They were willing to own up in what they believed in.

So, I challenge you to not live life or do anything anonymously and if you really have guts, spike your hair.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

good thoughts,

BONNIE (not anonymous)

CJolly said...

Woah! Most excellent post oh spikey headed one! Also most excellent pinch singing tonight!

No anonymity here either...
Chris

Anonymous said...

I clicked over from Nate's blog. I think you've said it best on the topic of 'anonymous' anything. I don't want to be anonymous ever, thanks for sharing your wisdom!

Debbie said...

When we live in a place in our hearts that we are more concerned of the judgements of man instead of God, and know in the deepest parts of our soul we are not living according to God's will for our lives then anonymous is like a covering as in Genesis 3:7
Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves. I pray that one day I will spike my hair to reach straight to heaven, and it want be standing on end because I have scared myself half to death because of the way I have lived my life. Thanks for not being anonymous!! NHC has truly been a blessing in my life.
Debbie

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...