Saturday, April 5, 2008

Leading in my home

Some good stuff I picked up at a men's conference this weekend from Johnny Evans:

As the husband and father in my home I have a few responsibilities in my life.

I.  I am the master of my home (don't get carried away on this, basically this means I'm the leader and the buck stops here)
A.  Identity - I'm responsible to for the identity of our home.  Our identity is a Christian    home.
B.  Security - I'm responsible for the security of my wife and son.
C.  Maturity - I'm responsible to help my son grow spiritually and to mature.

II.  Model of my home  (More is caught than taught)  I must model:
A.  Prayer
B.  Bible Study
C.  Church Life, involvement in a local church
D.  Service.  Parents should involve their children in ministry with them. 
E.  Mission (This is my addition) Parents should involve their children in mission with     them.   (Operation Inasmuch is coming up soon here at NHC)

III.  Motivate my home
A.  Exhort them - I Timothy 1:6 - "fan the flame
B.  Encourager -be a come along-sider
C.  Evangelize - It is my responsibility to share Jesus Christ with my son and teach Him the Bible.

5 comments:

Scott Lawrenson said...

Andy,
Great points...While it is all good and useful, you must have dozed off during point # 4: take out the trash.
Feel free to remove this if you must.
Scott

Andy Lawrenson said...

True my elder brother.

While I have to take the trash out now he will be learning from my example and soon he will take on this chore.

Then next the lawn mower. . .

NCBeachMom said...

Johnny Evans? From Raleigh?

Andy Lawrenson said...

truepraise - Yes, Johnny Evans from Raleigh.

NCBeachMom said...

What a great guy! His wife was the bible study leader at the church I attended for several years.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...