Friday, April 11, 2008

Strangers in My House (Bump)

Ever have someone, a total stranger, come into your house when you aren't home and look in your closets, and drawers and behind furniture?

That happens to us.  

Only they don't break in they come in with their real estate agent.

Our home is on the market and we would really like to sell it.  This morning someone is coming to take a look at our house.  It would be soooo sweet if they made an offer.  

We got our eye on a serious fixer upper.  This would give us more room and employ several of the construction dudes in our church.  (and increase our offerings at church because I'm sure these brothers of mine would tithe ;) )

10 comments:

Jane said...

I have two friends that are real estate agents. I keep begging them to sell my house without putting a sign in the yard...I REALLY don't like the idea of having people parading through our home. Thankfully we don't HAVE TO move, so I just keep praying. And beleive it or not, I have gotten calls and they have shown the house to a few clients.

I'll be praying that your house sells FAST! Cause ya know, no matter what the market, Jesus sells houses every day!

Lee said...

Good luck!

We sold ours "by owner" in this horrendous market....Jane-jane is right. Jesus sells houses every day! Ours sold in 16 days and we got full asking price!
Yours will sell...in His timing.

We would take people in, give them a tour, and then leave them alone to look to their hearts content while we waited outside. Someone took that opportunity to us our toilet, not number 1 either, and didn't flush. Ewww.

Andy Lawrenson said...

They looked. They liked. Will know more on Monday.

Lee said...

Fingers crossed...

Andy Lawrenson said...

The home shoppers are coming for a second look tomorrow. That's a good sign!

marcia said...

That's a VERY good sign! :)

Andy Lawrenson said...

They looked. Haven't heard anything yet.

Andy Lawrenson said...

Another looker coming in at noon today.
On the top 3 list of another looker.

marcia said...

Praying that one of these pans out real soon! Have fun dusting ONE MORE TIME this morning! :)

marcia said...

OK, so I just read your latest post about the marriage retreat. I should have said, above, "have fun sitting in your recliner and pointing out the dust and dirt to Misha and Ty as they scurry around preparing the house for the looker who is about to arrive today."
My Bad!! :)

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...