Friday, April 11, 2008

A Day Well Invested and Spent

Today was a great day!

It's rare I get to spend a totally uninterrupted day with my son.  Usually something pulls me way at some point, even on my days off.  Today I got my quiet time done and my Internet junk done early this morning.  The rest of the day it was just me and my boy.  We watched some Thomas videos (by the way he's 3 so Thomas is the best!) and played with trains.  

We then loaded the dog up and ran some errands while some people looked at our home (it's for sale).  We ran to Wal-Mart, we were on a mission to get cleaning supplies.  He helped me find some of the things we needed.

From there it was Home Depot.  No need to say anything else.  A father and son in a huge store full of tools and cool grills and riding mowers.  Does it get any better?

Next it was Food Lion.  We needed some groceries.  We like to eat so this was a fun trip.

Then after getting home we spent the afternoon in the backyard.  We ended up in the hammock talking.  He wanted me to tell him a story.  I told him the story of how we were at the hospital when he was born and when we brought him home, fed him from a bottle and how he cried and liked to be rocked in the rocking chair and we had to change lots of diapers.  When I finished the story he said, "tell me another story."  I asked him what story he wanted to hear, and he wanted to hear the baby story again.  So we repeated the story 3 or 4 times.  It was some excellent hammock time.

It's fun when I get to devote an entire day to my son.   He was flat wore out and ready for bed, so am I.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

When all is said and done, those are the most cherished memories, spending time together. Even at the ages my sons are we find ourselves flopping across the bed talking about the day, about the future, joys and concerns, any thing really, important or not. Even being older they still want to hear about the joy surrounding their birth. That's when I tell them how blessed I feel that God has let me borrow them for now. Years go by fast Andy swing in that hammock with that angel as much as possible. (With a heart like yours and Misha's I'm sure you will)

Lee said...

My kiddos want to hear about the day they were born over and over again. Even my 14 year old. When we visited my girls in Haiti they wanted to hear stories about when Daddy and I fell in love and our wedding day. Over and over again! Since they don't have a birth story for me to share with them, that's what they choose.
There just aint nuttin better than laying in a hammock chattin with your kiddo!

CJolly said...

Father son bonding time...It's the best!!

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...