Monday, January 10, 2011

Last Night At Contagious

What a fantastic time we had at Contagious last night. The game bananagrams is addicting and I stink at it, BUT I certainly enjoyed gathering around a table with several students and leaders to play. The old ping-pong table has finally bit the dust after giving us several years of play. My hope is that we can replace it this week or next. I would also like to see us pick up a couple of Wii’s and flat screens. Hang time is so much fun and also vital as we invest in students’ lives in a relaxed atmosphere.


We launched “Letters from the Mailbox” tonight. Our lesson was about godliness. (See the next blog post for the outline and discussion material) Students will be submitting the topic/verses/questions that they would like to see us unpack and answer at Contagious. We have an actual mailbox for them to place their topic/verses/questions in and they can also FB message me their “letter”. I’m looking forward to this series of lessons!


Parent Pod was on break last night. I look forward to them gathering together again for Bible study together and building relationships with each other. Parent Pod is for parents of middle and high school students and childcare for younger siblings is provided.


I’m stoked about our upcoming, first ever, youth ministry team winter retreat. It’s going to be a great time of training and fellowship together. My goal is to make it a spiritually refreshing event as we focus in on ministering to students together.

No comments:

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...