How are you teaching your children/teens about ministry? What an amazing opportunity we have as parents to teach our kids how God has SHAPED them! It is our responsibility, moms and dads, to teach our kids their SHAPE.
- God gives us a Spiritual gift when we put our faith in Jesus Christ as Savior. Look for that gift in your child. Point out the gift when you see them using it.
- God gives us a Heart, a passion, in life. Look for opportunities to point your teen in a direction where they could use their passion in ministry.
- God gives us Abilities. Everyone is able to do something. Spot your teen's abilities and point them in a direction of using those for Christ.
- God gives us Personality. God has created us in a way that even our personality can be used in ministry. Shy? Outgoing? Enjoy the tedious? When your teen's personality shines point out to them how God could use them in serving others.
- God uses our Experiences. Good or bad experiences, God never wastes and experience. Think of your experiences like an art museum. Hang the good on the left side of the room and the bad on the right. Study your experiences and see how God has used them and can use them to minister to others.