Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Using Apps

I recently became an iPhone user. Not because I just had to have the latest and greatest but because the speaker in my Blackberry blew up. So now I'm more "tech savvy" but I don't have a clue what my phone is capable of. I do love that it syncs automatically with my macbook and so my calendar on my phone is right on with what is on my lap top. Hopefully that alone will make me more efficient and alleviate some headaches.

So last Sunday night at Contagious I used an App I downloaded last week. (are you supposed to capitalize App?) With only an hour to have worship in music, play a game, have our POD discussion times and have our lesson I have about 20 minutes to speak. I often go over that. This week I used my new App and it worked great and I shut down with a few minutes to spare. With pClock you can set up all sorts of timers with changing colors or alarms to let you know you are nearing the end of your time. I set up a 20 minutes clock that changes colors at ten minutes and 5 minutes. I simply set it on the music stand next to my notes and it worked great.



Check it out. It could be helpful to you. You may also wish your pastor would use it. ;)

You can get pClock for your iPhone or iPad at the apps store.

No comments:

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...