Saturday evening our youth ministry team got together as a team and hung out around a fire pit. We ate some great food and enjoyed sitting around the fire and talking and hanging out together. It was fun to do something as a team without the students there. A few things come to mind as I think about our team getting together.
- Minister with a team. If you aren't doing youth ministry in a team setting you are hurting yourself, your family, your church, your students. Ministry is more fun and effective when accomplished with other believers.
- Express to your team how much you value them and how vital they are to the ministry.
- Offer training to your team. Utilize e-mail, web sites, podcasts, seminars and books.
- Encourage your team. Look for opportunities to encourage them as they encourage students.
- Party with your team. Look for opportunities to have fun together without any "meeting" involved in the party.
- Pray for your team. This should be a no brainer. I pray for our team but I'm thinking it would be good to let them know individually that they are being prayed for. I know I feel good when someone tells me that they are praying for me or ask for prayer requests.