Friday, June 12, 2009

I wish I had a camera

There was a guy in a giant hamburger suit at the restaurant across from the church.  He was running up and down the side of the road, dancing, jumping, waving, drawing attention to his hamburgerness.  I was in the lobby for a half hour and hundreds of cars drove by but not one turned in.  I'm thinking the dancing burger really isn't a draw.  Sure people see him.  How can you not see a giant hamburger dancing on the side of the road.  But apparently the attention he was drawing really wasn't having an impact.  (except for the occasional passer by honking at him or giving him the "international hand gesture of displeasure")

I think many times we are like that as Christians.  We strive to be so different and stand out from the crowd that instead of drawing attention to Christ we draw attention to ourselves.  The result? Same as the hamburger, no impact.

Perhaps he should have been wearing a giant crab cake suit?

No comments:

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...