I'm working on the messages now. The camp's theme is "Mission Controlled". I get to speak twice a day so I have laid out the scope of the messages and I'm working on them now. Trying to finish them up by the end of June.
Start with the scripture.
I copy and paste the scripture in landscape format with a 3 inch margin all the way around.
I then read, re-read, re-read and write notes in the margin as I go.
I also use the good old highlighter.
Once my outline is set I create a new document and type out my message word for word.
Insert illustrations and thoughts.
Going for one point and a challenge to apply or take the next step.
In the evening sessions:
To Be a Missionary
- 1st Be a Believer (gospel message)
- 2nd Be a Follower (a disciple, following the example of Christ)
- 3rd Be Obedient (go and do what God asks of you)
- 4th Be Ready to Share (know your faith and know your story)
In the morning sessions:
- God Can Use You - Paul's Conversion
- You will Battle the Enemy - Paul's encounter with Bar-Jesus
- Share the Truth - Paul's message in Antioch
- Look to Meet Needs - Paul heals the cripple
- Missions Not for Sissies - Paul's hardships