It has been a long time since I have seen a group of students who are passionate about their relationship with Jesus Christ. I have seen individuals with that passion spattered here and there but not a group movement in that direction. Over the next several months I would like to see us move in a direction to accomplish the 7 strategies below.
- More Bible digging during POD’s where students read the scripture from an actual Bible. This will help them to get the feel of having a Bible in hand and reading it.
- Challenging students to bring their Bibles to Contagious (except when at the beach)
- A run through the HABITS series.
- A 30-day challenge. Students will sign up for a 30-day challenge to read the Bible daily. We will read through Proverbs and they will journal about one verse per chapter that really means something to them and “why?” This will happen in an online forum on our group's Facebook page.
- Invest in student leaders. Good article here http://www.youthministry.com/articles/leadership/developing-student-leaders
- Provide materials for students to study the Bible on their own and memorize scripture.
- Teach them how to share their faith with friends.