Tuesday, September 5, 2017

New Adventure

For the past few years I have been praying about my next 15 years in ministry.  I have several areas I'm passionate about:
1. My Savior and Lord Jesus Christ
This passion is fulfilled each and every day by my God, spending time with Him in His Word and prayer and watching Him at work in my life and the lives of those around me.

2. My wife and my children, my family
I am so thankful to God for the family He has blessed me with.  My wife is the godliest woman I know and a strong prayer warrior.  My kids are miracles and blessings.

3. The church, the body of Christ
I love Nags Head Church.  It isn't often a youth pastor gets to serve as long as I have in one church.  Sixteen years!  Love being part of a church that loves missions and loves to serve.

4. Coaching/Mentoring student ministers
I'm blessed to be able to interact with several different student ministers.  I love learning from them and hope that I can share a tid bit that helps them along the way as well.

5. Eleuthera/Camp Bahamas
I have been bit by the bug.  I love Eleuthera and the ministry Camp Bahamas is doing in the lives of Bahamian children and youth.  The Bahamas needs a turn around and Camp Bahamas is doing an incredible work.  I'm so thankful that over the past 3 years God has allowed me to be part of what is happening there.  Five trips in 3 years!  Let's see if I can make is seven trips in four years.  If God gave me the clearance to do  full time work with Camp Bahamas I would do so without hesitation.

6.
Helping Christ followers discover the joy of serving in the church
I love to see the church roll up her sleeves and dive into serving one another.  This passion is filled at Nags Head Church in my role as Ministry Team Pastor. 

So back to praying about the next 15 years.  I believe God has given me experiences and I have learned some things along the way that I think would be wrong to keep to myself and our church.  One of the things I prayed about was this question: How can I help student pastors and the church beyond my setting in my own church family?

In late July Alex McFarland had lunch with me and told me that he would like me to come on board with Faith in Focus speakers bureau.  I was very humbled and honored to be invited.  So today I have been given the go ahead to make it public.  Faith in Focus speakers bureau is brand spankin new. 
"The Faith In Focus speakers bureau exists to help churches, schools, and others hear from some of America’s most gifted Christian leaders and speakers. "

This is a new adventure for me.  I look forward to any opportunities that God brings my way in the future.

You can check out Faith in Focus speakers bureau HERE.  Maybe there is a speaker on the list that can help your church, event, conference in the near future.





1 comment:

MarkAElliott said...

Awesomeness!! Congrats! What an honor as well.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...