Saturday, March 15, 2008

My 7 Things

Nathan shared on his blog about 7 things you may not know about him and challenged us fellow bloggers to do the same.  So here we go:

1.  When I was born my dad was in Vietnam serving and fighting at a Marine.  My momma was raising 4 kids all 11 years and younger when I showed up on the scene with dad out of town, way out of town.  I've always been glad my father made it back from Vietnam.

2.  Andy Griffith is my favorite TV show of all times.  I don't care so much for the color ones I like the black and whites with Don Knotts.  I can watch them over and over and over.

3.  I have hung out and rubbed elbows with more celebrities than most average americans.  I had lunch with Donna Douglas (Ellie May Clampett), Wilford Brimley, Reba McEntyre, Newly from Gunsmoke, Garth Brooks, the guy that does the "Yahoo" yodle, Backstreet Boys,   many more that I can't even think of.  But in the game of 6 Degrees of Bacon I'm just two from Kevin Bacon.  Reba was in Tremors with Kevin Bacon.  That means if you know me you are just three degrees from Bacon.

4.  When I was 5 I broke my femur bone in my left leg.  When I was eight I broke my pinky toe and cracked bones in my face.  When I was 9 I ripped the string of flesh that holds your bottom lip to you gums completely off, it is gone.  In college I ripped the fiber tissue thingys that hold your neck muscles to your collar bone in a car wreck that I shouldn't have walked away from.  I got straight liquid bleach splashed in my eyes, that hurt . . . real bad.

5.  I've never been a pro rodeo bull rider. I've only been thrown from a horse twice.  I can shoot M&M's from my ear.

6.  My hair is beautiful.  It's natural, I don't dye it.  I've had spiked hair for a very long time.  When Mish and I got married I had the John Stamos, Full House, hairdo.

7.  I've eaten dog and no it doesn't taste like chicken.



13 comments:

CFHusband said...

you need of post a video of the m&m shoot!

Lee said...

Why have you been able to rub elbows with so many celebs? GARTH BROOKS?

How in the sam hill can you shoot an m&m from your ear?

marcia said...

Hmmm....if there was ever any question about the ADD thing, I think you just dispelled any possible doubt! :)

CFHusband said...

I love how your #5 is actually 3 things...

Andy Lawrenson said...

Lee - I've got connections. I forgot to add Ron Howard, Kurt Russel, N-Sync. I used to be Nashville affiliated. Terry Bradshaw, forgot him.
I've sat on the floor of a church auditorium and ate McDonalds with Chris Tomlin.

I'll add more to the list as my memory comes back to me. (Memory is in the form of Misha reminding me of what I've done, etc...)

The M&M thing is hard to explain.

Lee said...

I am most impressed with Ronnie Howard and Chris Tomlin. Mickey D's with him no less.
My husband's favorite show of all time is also Andy Griffith. No matter what Ron Howard ever does in his life, he will always be Opie to us. We even had a red headed guinea pig named Opie.

Lee said...

Oh and could you possibly be more vague? "I used tobe Nashville affiliated". I was too. I drove through there MANY times. ;)
Were you in the music industry?

Andy Lawrenson said...

Let's let Lee dangle a while trying to figure that one out. :)

CFHusband said...

seriously, if you were to post your St. Pattie's Day tribute AND M&M video on the same day, I might have to just stop blogging for a few days in awe of the greatness...

Katie Lamont said...

I am really excited that I am only 3 degrees away from Kevin Bacon. That might be one of the coolest things, ever. Wow. Hehe

Rick Lawrenson said...

So I wanna know, what marine was your dad fighting in the nam? I never heard about that.

(Read what you wrote.)

Andy Lawrenson said...

I wrote it late at night

Jo said...

You crack us up is such an understatement! Chris wants to see you do the M&M thing. Everyday we take a break @ 10am from our homeschool routine to watch Andy Griffith! We agree the B&Ws are the best...it just seemed to lose something when they went color. BTW glasses are cool...and we're praying for your eyes...Chris' bro. suddenly & mysteriously went blind a few years ago from we believe splashing a form of bleach solution into his eyes...who knows? The moral is, bleach is dangerous...except when needed to touch up blonde roots!
Praying for y'all in Ayden,
Heltsley bunch

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...