Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tonight at Contagious

Tonight started off with our "pre-game meeting" with our family group leaders.  The leaders now have a binder with their students' info sheets which gives the leaders contact info, family info and also a glimpse at the student's story of how they have trusted Jesus as Savior.  I reminded our leaders that they are their family groups youth minister, their shepherd.  This week I'll dig up some good articles the emphasize this approach and e-mail them to the team.  I think we will ruminate on this for a while.

Students were spread all out in the big lobby hanging out.  I saw youth leaders investing in the lives of students by building relationships.  Some were playing Apples to Apples, Boggle, Ping Pong and Farkle.  I was up on the balcony chilling on the sofa with some of the high school students and then I joined in a game of Farkle.  The snack line up: nachos, chips, oreos.

Tonight we talked about our mission, to share the good news of Christ.  Students were encouraged to share:
1.  With their life
2.  With an invitation 
3.  With their story
We also gave the students time to share their story with each other in their family groups. Hopefully giving them an opportunity to build up some courage to share their faith.

I hear that some of the high school students went and hung out at McD's after youth group tonight.  I think that's cool.  The more relationships they build in the church the more likely they are to stick around.  




2 comments:

Bonnie said...

rumminate...what a great word. !

Andy Lawrenson said...

I had all kind of great words tonight. I was like butter, I was on a roll.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...