Friday, January 4, 2008

My son makes me proud

Every now and then Ty and I get some alone time.  I like to take him out to lunch and spend some time finding out what he thinks about life.  Today we had a blast!  We got to ride around in my pick up truck, we usually don't get to do that.  We got to go by mommy's office and he got to bring a little life to the CPA's office while I was outside in the freezing cold replacing a car battery in Misha's car that broke down yesterday at work.  I fixed it!

>note to those that engineer cars - Is it really necessary to put the battery of the car in Fort Knox?  There were at least 3 different pieces of metal and plastic holding the battery in that had to be removed AND all were held down with different size nuts and bolts.  I thought
 these guys were supposed to be smart!  Gone are the days of simply undoing the cables and swapping out the battery.  I don't have an engineering degree and could come up with a better system than what they have designed.  It's called duct tape!

Back to my day with Ty.  We took Buzz Lightyear and Woody to lunch at Mama Kwans.  It just thrills me to hear my boy say "Mama Kwans".  We had to drive past Mama's because the turn lane was full so I went past to turn around and come back.  Ty freaked out pointing and yelling, "There's Mama Kwan's!"  He thought I was missing the turn and was trying to help daddy out with directions.  It was a proud moment for me, not only does he know the restaurant, he knows where it is located!  
Ty and I both know that Mama Kwan's has the best chicken tenders and fries on the beach plus the waitresses have watched Ty grow and have been waiting on him since he was just weeks old and they love him.  Mama's is part of our family's life.  It's not often that you see a dad
and a three year old out to eat together without mom there.  
I look forward to this ritual with Ty for many years to come.  The boys just need to get together every now and then and have boy talk.  Buzz and Woody enjoyed the trip as well.

No comments:

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...