Sunday, June 15, 2008

"I do". She did.

21 years ago I stood next to a buddy at college and pointed at a beautiful blond and told my friend, "I'm going to marry her."  I had not even met her yet.   (I wasn't a prophet, I was just looking at a, as we said in the 80's, a foxy American babe)  

It was on Thursday, June 15, 1989 that Misha said "I do".    I have now been married to my lovely wife for 19 years.  That is amazing!   After 19 years of marriage to me she is still a hottie. 

This year we agreed not to waste money on anniversary cards since two cards could buy two gallons of gasoline.  We were so serious about it we did this:
That's right.  The pinky swear.

So what did I get my wife for our anniversary?  The same thing she got me:

Our Anniversary Grill

Those would be NY strips grillin for last night's anniversary supper.
Started with a organic greens salad with grapes and feta.
Green beans cooked with new potatoes.
Corn on the cob.
Coconut pudding with cinnamon for dessert.

Thanks Misha for 19 great years!  You are the best wife and the world's greatest mommy.
I Love You!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure I'll get comments because I mentioned food.




15 comments:

eau said...

Congratulations and Happy Father's Day--
your sense of humor is great!........ is sure a family trait......

jamie said...

Happy Anniversary! And Happy Father's Day!
God Bless
Jamie in Texas

Terry Gray Sr. said...

Way Cool grill Andy. It is a nice one, but, with all that black and Chrome(stainless steel), it needs a Harley sticker somewhere.
Congrats on the years since "I Do", and happy Fathers day too.

Barb said...

Happy Phather's Day, Andy!

marcia said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you!!!! And Happy Father's Day, Andy!

Andy Lawrenson said...

momwriter - kthanks

Alison said...

It is my wedding anniversary today, we wed on June 15th 1985.

The strange thing is that I too saw my husband (in a rugby club bar) and said to my friend..."that's the man I'm going to marry" Spooky

(I have a friend with CF here in England, hence me ending up on your blog)

Andy Lawrenson said...

Alison - Happy Anniversary!

raysoflight said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you! Happy Father's Day Andy!

Barb said...

Jer welcome....and happy kanniversary, since I forgot to mention that. Ha - ours is in August -- my husband has put up with me for 30 years! And on that day we take our last child to college. kamazing... how fast the years go. Nate & Tricia's journey has caused me to stop and appreciate life, our years together, and loving more completely. kthanx, Lawrensons.

Lee said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy Father's Day! My hubby and I are right behind you at 17 years....and wouldn't you agree that it only gets better and better?
Great grill, too, btw.
I want to know more about that pudding with cinnamon please.....

CFHusband said...

Happy anniversary...forget to say it yesterday when I talked with you.

Andy Lawrenson said...

@milepost13 - I forgot to say "Happy Father's Day!" when I talked to you.

ZazFamily said...

andy, God is good even when you don't deseve someone like misha. just kdding, congrats on 19 years, and many, many more. how is the weight watchers stuff going??

richard

CFHusband said...

you did...I'll never forgive you for that...

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...