Saturday, June 21, 2008

16th Summer Camp

Another summer camp over.  This year was probably the best week of camp that I have ever experienced personally and as a youth pastor.    Student Life knows how to do camp.  This summer SL will put on 44 camps in 18 states.  That is a whole lot of camps!  The SL team that led our camp last week left to do a camp in Florida this week and then drive to Colorado the next.
Student Life has been doing so many camps for so long they have it down to a science yet they are still adjusting and changing things as they receive input from youth leaders.  Student Life has made the biggest impact on me because of their attitude of being there to serve.  So if you are a youth leader planning next summer's camp I would highly suggest Student Life.

When thinking about a choosing a camp I would think about:
1.  The purpose of the camp
2.  The Biblical theme of the camp
3.  Sound doctrine in the teaching
4.  Know something about the speaker for the week
5.  A camp that is relevant and contemporary
6.  Some free time for the students
7.  Good daily schedule
8.  Plenty of interaction between students and also with youth leaders
9.  A camp with a great reputation of serving youth groups

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I too, thought it was the best, ever. I know it's purpose was to help the kids grow in their relationship to Christ, but I got so much out of it in many different ways...relationally, spiritually, socially, and even physically (all that walking-not to mention the games, and high dives...tee hee) can't wait to see the videos.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...