Thursday, May 7, 2009

Something to Chew On

A couple of weeks ago I attended a parenting seminar we had here at NHC, Principles for Parents, a seminar led by Herb Owen of Cherrydale Baptist Church .

This week I'm chewing on this thought from the seminar:
God's purpose for my children is that every day they should become a little more like Jesus Christ.  It's important to recognize that this purpose is not accomplished in a year, during childhood or even during a lifetime.

For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son . . .
Romans 8:29

5 comments:

clayito&mima said...

amen. may God give you and Misha the grace to guide your 3 kiddos in that way (closer to the likeness of Christ every day).

good brain food for parents and future parents.

cdh

CFHusband said...

that's basically the major point from the first week of our new small group study we started last night...

Rick Lawrenson said...

I know I shouldn't ask this, but I'm a trouble maker.

What if your kids aren't predestined? Chew on that!!

(Of course one good answer is "How would I possibly know that? I'm not God.")

Andy Lawrenson said...

rick is a little troublemaker isn't he?

Michelle Jamie said...

our pastor took us (the young marrieds), and taught us on what he believes about the "Parenting is not a coin toss" I'll ask him if I can have the little book he wrote to send to you. It will give you plenty to "chew" on!!

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...