Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Focus

Something I learned as a young driver is the fact that I drive where I look.  If I focus on something on the side of the road then that is the direction the car will drift.  I also learned in driving a tractor that if I'm not focused on the other end of the field I'm plowing then my rows tend to get a little lob-lolly and then when I look back I can see exactly where I lost focus.


Peter had his focus right where it should have been.  He was focusing on Jesus, of course who wouldn't find it easy to focus on someone walking towards you in the middle of the night on the water?  That would surely get my attention.

It is very easy for my focus to shift and then when it shifts my life goes off the direction that God would want me to go.  My relationship with Christ, as a believer, should be my focus. Problem is I get off track very easily.   

Peter took his focus off of Jesus and put his focus on his current circumstances.  The moment Peter did that is the moment Peter began to sink.  It is so easy to move my focus from Christ and put my focus on my current circumstances, whether the circumstances are good or bad. 

Sometimes I find that ministry is where I focus.  Ministry is great!  Ministry is what we are all called to do, serve others with the love of Christ.  When ministry becomes my focus rather than Jesus Christ this is when I begin to sink.

When ministry gets my focus rather than focusing on Jesus Christ does ministry then become my god?
When you focus on ____________ rather than focusing on Jesus Christ does __________ become your god?

No comments:

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...